Our Location

82-503 Hwy 111, Indio CA 92201

Call Us



Vendor Applications
  • Attention Vendors: 2021 Riverside County Fair & National Date Festival has been cancelled.
  • 2021 Food & Beverage Vendor Application 
  • 2021 Commercial Vendor Application 
  • 2021 Non-Profit Application
  • 2021 Vendors Handbook 

Please email the Concessions Department for a response fairconcessions@rivco.org


Pamela Iniguez 760.863.7717 


Riverside County Fair & National Date Festival


What are your fair’s dates?
February 12 – 21, 2021


What is the application deadline for the 2021 RCFNDF Fair?
All applications are due by 5 p.m. (PST) Monday, September 30, 2019.


Do I need to fill out an application?
Yes. Applications may be downloaded from the Fair website http://datefest.org/Information/Vendor-Applications

Vendors can fill the pdf application online, but then it must be printed out and mailed in with the required $25 application fee.


Can I pay my application fee in cash or with a credit card?

Personal checks, money orders, and cashier’s checks are accepted, please do not send cash. Payments can be made out to: Riverside County Fair & NDF. Personal and/or company checks will be accepted until December 31, 2020.  Returned checks will be charged a fee of $25.


Why is it important to enter my email address accurately on the application?
The RCFNDF will contact you via email regarding the status of your application.  Failure to accurately enter this information may result in your application being overlooked.


If I was a vendor at the Riverside County Fair last year or in the past do I need to submit an application?
Yes. Vendors must re-apply each year.


If I submit my application early, will I have a better chance of being accepted as a vendor?
Not necessarily. It is not first-come, first-serve for submitting applications. All applications will be considered using the selection criteria and held on file until the Fair is fully booked.


If I have more than one stand or location that I would like to apply for, do I need to complete a separate application and pay another application fee?
Yes. A separate application and application fee will be required for each vendor booth requested.


Can I apply if I don’t have a fully contained concessions trailer?

Food Trucks, Catering Trucks and Food Tents are not permitted.


What size commercial vendor booths are available?

There are multiple indoor and outdoor locations to choose from. Indoor locations vary in size from 10x10 to 10x30 booths. For more information please view page 3 of the Commercial Vendor application.


How much does a commercial vendor booth cost?

Prices are determined by location and size. For more information please view page 3 of the Commercial Vendor application.


What’s included in the booth space?

  • ● Indoor booths include pipe and drape for side and back walls.
  • ● Outdoor booths include a tent and light fixture for specified booth size.
  • ● Basic electricity is provided - one outlet, 110 volt/20 amp service, at no charge. If further electricity is needed there will be an additional charge.

Are tables and chairs provided?

No, we do not provide tables or chairs for any booths, please bring your own.


Does my booth need to be staffed all hours of the fair?

Yes, vendors are required to staff booths all hours of the fair.  10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday through Monday and 12 noon to 10 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.


I have submitted my application, now what do I do?
You will receive an email confirmation which is proof that your application and $25 application fee have been received and filed with our Concessions Department. The following are the various stages an application will go through. You will only be notified if your application is approved or space becomes available.


            ● Received – Payment confirmation email showing your application and payment has been received.

            ● In Review – Your application is now being reviewed by the RCFNDF Fair based upon the established selection criteria. The review process  takes up to two (2) months, so please be patient. Do not call for status; information will not be given over the phone.

            ● Declined – Your application was declined based upon the selection criteria. Your application will remain on file for consideration should space become available. Notification of available space could be as late as the opening day of the Fair so if you have committed to another venue or cannot set up within a short amount of time, we understand. This will not affect consideration for future applications.


Is the application fee a deposit towards my rent if my application is approved?
No. Your application fee only goes toward your application. Fees for rent and other items are separate from the application fee.


Is the application fee refundable if I am not accepted?
No. Your application fee is non-refundable.


Does my application and fee carry over to be considered as a participant in future RCFNDF Fairs?
No. Your application and fee are only applicable for consideration for the current Fair. Everyone must reapply each year.


How do I find out about the new tax guidelines for reporting sales made on state-designated fairgrounds?
Visit the https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/industry/state-fairgrounds.htm website to learn more about Assembly Bill 1499.


Do I need insurance?

All Vendors must provide County/Fair original insurance certificates which evidence the following coverage’s from companies licensed to issue such insurance in the State of California:

  1. Worker’s compensation insurance as required by the laws of the State of California.
  2. Commercial general liability insurance, on an occurrence basis, with limits not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit per occurrence (for injury, death, property damage or other occurrence)
  3. For contracts involving extensive use of vehicles (automobiles, trucks, or other vehicles) on or near the Fairgrounds, commercial automobile liability insurance, on an occurrence basis, with limits of not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit per occurrence (for injury, death, property damage or other occurrence)
  4. Any other insurance required by law or the State of California for this type of activity or event.

The insurance certificates must also include the following:

  1. The dates of inception and expiration of the insurance.
  2. A statement that the following are listed as additional insured’s: The County of Riverside County; the Riverside County Fair and National Date Festival; the Riverside County Economic Development Agency; and the officers, employees servants and agents of these entities;
  3. A statement that the insurance cannot be cancelled or reduced with 30 days prior written notice to County; and
  4. A statement that the certificate holder shall be: County of Riverside, Riverside County Fair and National Date Festival, 82-503 Hwy 111, Indio, California.
  5. If you cannot furnish the required policy, it may be purchased from CFSA through the Fair for $155.00 for Commercial Vendors and $195.00 for Food/Beverage Vendors.  Prices include a $10 Fair processing fee.

Insurance must be on file by Monday February 1, 2021. You will not be permitted to set up without insurance.  NO EXCEPTIONS!!


Do I need a sellers permit?

Every seller is required to have a valid resale number in order to conduct business. We must have a copy of your temporary seller permit with the fair address on it: 82-503 Hwy 111, Indio, CA 92201. This may be obtained in person or by mail at any State Board of Equalization office. 


Do I need workers comp?

Yes. Every vendor shall maintain worker’s compensation insurance for all of its employees working at the Fair or on Fair property as required by California law, and file a certificate of said insurance with the Commercial Sales Department.

If you do not require or are exempt from carrying workers’ compensation insurance under California law, you must file a letter with proof of such exemption with the Commercial Sales Department as required above in place of the certificate of insurance, but you must obtain such insurance if the basis for its exemption subsequently is no longer applicable. For more information visit: California Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Workers Compensation or the State Fund Compensation Insurance Fund (SCIF).


Is there lodging nearby?

Yes, there are several hotels nearby. http://datefest.org/Information/Places-to-Stay


I have more questions. What do I do?
The best way to get answers to your questions is to email the RCFNDF Fair at fairconcessions@rivco.org.